Thursday, November 15, 2012

ohhh nooooo. this blog's all horrid and junk. did i write that?

Yesterday I went back and read everything I'd posted on this blog in the four years it's existed, which while fewer than 40 posts was kind of like making a journey through the twilight zone because I was so terrifyingly stupid when I was thirteen. I honestly thought I was better than other people and that I had a lot more talent than I really do. I had silly crushes on people who were intellectual eunuchs and thought anime was THE COOLEST THING EVER. And so on, ad nauseum.
Arguably the worst part is, in another four years, my twenty-year-old self will look back at the stuff I write now and be all "oh gurl I was so dumb." And maybe it'll never even stop. Maybe when I'm 80 I'll be wishing I could go back to my 70-year-old self and box her ears.
Anyway, wow. I guess the only defense I can offer is that I was depressed. And 13. No, that's not an excuse. Actually, depression isn't either. I guess I'll go wallow in my mediocrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment