Basically what I hear at my lunch table every day
Ah man dood I just wanna get out of this crummy old town. All these peeps down here are just holding me back you know. I don't know dood I guess I'm just better than everyone else because I think deep thoughts about like WHAT IF WE'RE NOT REAL?! and stuff. Ah dood you wanna have a srs discussion when I dismiss the existence of God? Well first PROVE TO ME THAT WE'RE REAL!1
Anyways now that I've won yet another intelligent debate yeah man just nobody understands me here dood. The man they always blame me for stuff I didn't even do even. I'M SO REPRESSED everyone in the south is just intolerant and close-minded dood. Hey guise let's all move to Canada LOLOLOLOL but srsly!
And a second rant that moves from politics to religion
I was just going to post that, but now that I'm thinking about such things, I'd just like to say that conservative teenagers are quickly becoming a minority, if they haven't already, even in the suburban south. Of course, when I say conservative, I mean people who actually give a care and know enough of the issues to have an informed stance, not just the people who still nominally agree with their parents without actually knowing what it means to be conservative. Through highschool, and especially in the months leading up to the election, I've been called a bigot, "Romney drone," Republican, close-minded, and a plethora of implied epithets -- not from stating any of my beliefs that might be offensive. Just for saying "I'm conservative." Of course, those name-callers were pretty much the same people responsible for my above rant. And I do have a few conservative comrades to mutually complain with.
But when you add my conservative opinions to the fact that I'm a serious, born-again Christian who believes in the doctrines of grace, I do think I'm completely alone. As far as I know, nobody else at my school understands or cares about God's sovereignty; the few people I know who seem to sincerely care about their Christianity have pretty generically bad theology, which shows itself in a variety of unfortunate ways. It's not that they're to blame, of course, and whenever religion comes up I do make a tastefully thorough attempt to explain the basis of their faith; but I really would like just one friend who sees and realizes the importance of grace. When you know that your life is so radically not your own, it informs every other aspect of your worldview and how you go about living.
I'm going to have to marry someone reformed. It's not very encouraging that I've never met a single reformed person within 10 years of my age.
No comments:
Post a Comment