Sunday, May 5, 2013

i'm thinking about the future again, call the wah-mbulance

If I go to college for music, I'd have to decide if I want to focus more on piano or percussion. This would directly affect which school I choose out of the two I'm looking at.
If I decide to only do band in college, I would consider majoring in English, Library Science, or Political Science. If I went with English, I'd probably want to go on to law school to be a prosecutor. I'd have to get my master's in Library Science if I want to find a job. I would only do Political Science because I want to be President/temporary dictator and fix everything.
I would like to take a year off before college, but all the adults around me tell me not to because it would turn into 10 years off. But I really really really want to travel, so if I don't do that I would want to try to study abroad. I don't know how that would work out with the music program/band, though.
Of course, since I'm probably getting free college, my mom wants me to get my bachelor's online and then use my scholarship to go get my master's in whatever.
I would kind of like to be a permanent missionary to somewhere, but I don't know that I could do much good on my own. I also kind of want to join the armed forces, but nobody else wants me to.
And if not that and if I didn't have to support myself, I'd be happy being a wandering hippie musician.

All that to say, I'm about to be a senior and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment