Thursday, April 11, 2013

rant story i wrote on reddit then put on here for my mom to read


When I and my cousin were about 5, two of my (much older) siblings decided to play an elaborate April fools' prank on us. We were just chilling in the house, my brother (age 20) was the only other person at home. He called us into the living room and asked us if we'd seen our black dog, BB. We hadn't. He proceeded to tell us that the police had called to warn him about a hobo who was wandering around our neighborhood, a hobo who was well known for eating... black dogs. My cousin and I freaked the heck out and frantically called outside for the dog.
She eventually came to the house and we put her inside, so since now the hobo would obviously come the house looking for her we decided to set up a trap (this was probably encouraged by my brother). We got all of my stuffed animals my cousin deemed "ugly" or "scary" and set them up in a line in front of the door to scare off the hobo. We took up positions behind the toys armed with wiffle bats just in case. Kids are weird.
So at length we see someone dressed in baggy dark clothes and a neckbeard slooowwwly walking up our driveway, staggering and acting suspicious. We scream a lot. As the person approaches the glass door, my cousin and I are sobbing hysterically and waving our wiffle bats at the hobo. As he's opening the door, I have an epiphany and realize it's my sister, age 14, wearing my brother's clothes and drawn-on facial hair.
We were some angry 5 year olds. I admitted to my sister later that I recognized her because of her acne, which she didn't appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment